[OpenSER-Devel] 1.4.0 schedule, another 1.3 minor release?

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed May 7 10:38:55 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 06 May 2008, Dan Pascu wrote:
> > we've agreed some time ago that the feature freeze for 1.3.0 will be
> > begin at "end of may". Just to have a more exact date i propose that we
> > freeze the svn trunk and start the testing period on the 3th June (four
> > weeks from now).
> >
> > This will give us about two month for testing, the 1.4.0 release could
> > be than scheduled for the end of July. Any comments on this proposal?
>
> I think that a 2 month testing period is too much, even more considering
> that very few people actually test it before a new release. As far as I
> remember, the initial proposal was to release it at the beginning of
> July, i.e. after 1 month of testing. I think we can always delay the
> release if anything comes up during the testing period that cannot be
> fixed in the 1 month time. Besides a new minor release can be made very
> quickly after 1.4.0 if needed, considering that more people will actually
> use it after it is released and will spot more problems then than in the
> preceding month.

Hello Dan,

i proposed 8 weeks just to provide buffer for eventual delays, and also to
have some time for the needed integration after the (eventual) rush of
changes before the code freeze. Perhaps Bogdan or Daniel have some more
extensive patches laying around in their repositories that they want to
merge.. :-)

But if this is not the case, and if also no new modul (that needs review and
adaptions) shows up in the next weeks, then 4 weeks is also fine for me. We
can easily release a new minor version, you're correct.