[OpenSER-Devel] 1.4.0 schedule, another 1.3 minor release?

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue May 6 16:09:02 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 06 May 2008, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we've agreed some time ago that the feature freeze for 1.3.0 will be
> begin at "end of may". Just to have a more exact date i propose that we
> freeze the svn trunk and start the testing period on the 3th June (four
> weeks from now).
>
> This will give us about two month for testing, the 1.4.0 release could
> be than scheduled for the end of July. Any comments on this proposal?

I think that a 2 month testing period is too much, even more considering
that very few people actually test it before a new release. As far as I
remember, the initial proposal was to release it at the beginning of
July, i.e. after 1 month of testing. I think we can always delay the
release if anything comes up during the testing period that cannot be
fixed in the 1 month time. Besides a new minor release can be made very
quickly after 1.4.0 if needed, considering that more people will actually
use it after it is released and will spot more problems then than in the
preceding month.

--
Dan