[OpenSER-Devel] discussion: issues with local_route

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Jun 25 14:58:54 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 25 June 2008, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> I think your insults are enough and no matter examples and explanations
> I would give, you come out of the context by following personal
> interests.

I have not intended any insults and if I unintentionally did it I
apologize. My only intention is to see this issue solved because it has
put the whole release in an awkward situation and we are not advancing in
any way. The svn is still unfrozen and we are almost getting to the
original release date and nothing was done at all about the reason for
which the svn was unfrozen. People didn't even know if the svn was frozen
or not until a few days back.

This is the weirdest situation I've seen in a project development so far
and it's only based on a personal conflict between 2 people, and no
matter what we (the others) do to try to alleviate it, the only result is
that we get ourselves in an ingrate position where we take all the heat,
as Henning also remarked. If things continue this way, don't be surprised
that people will refuse to participate in future debates or get involved
in such things anymore.

As for my personal interest, I already said and never kept this a secret,
that I would like to see this functionality in 1.4 because I need it, but
at the same time I said that I'm not absurd and if I see evidence that it
has major flaws that cannot be fixed as bugs I'm all for disabling it in
1.4. So far I have not seen it and the most serious allegation of yours
related to nested contexts is easy to fix because context in that case is
just an integer number that needs to be saved/restored.

So I'd say that my personal interest is nowhere out of context, it's
exactly what made me involve myself in a conflict I did not want to be
part of, and drives me to see this new functionality fixed and properly
integrated.

--
Dan