[OpenSER-Devel] discussion: issues with local_route

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 16:23:15 CEST 2008

On 06/24/08 15:48, Dan Pascu wrote:

>> Either you don't understand what I am saying with above and below
>> phrases, or I don't understand what you are still asking.
>>

> What I would like to see is a small sample of a script that does something
> and the result is broken with the local_route inplace. The example you
> gave with the m_dump inconsistency, is easily fixable IMO. Did you find
> any other case that shows that the local_route breaks something and it
> can't be fixed without a redesign?

This is the final message on this discussion as we loop.

For me it is clear a major internal architecture change as none of my
(and I spotted same for other parts) code was written with nested
contexts in mind. I am not going now over all code to make a report,
just because some code was released in the last minute without
considering the impact on the rest of the application -- does not pay
the effort.

In the first place, I asked to decide:
- unfreeze and allow time to review and properly design
- try fixes/propagation for local_route as per developer (enclose within
defines and disable, as global approach, or each developers decides for
its code).

I presented sustainable examples and reasons, those might be all or
there might be lot more  - see dset.{c,h} all that code is not designed
for nested contexts, time-related PVs have different results, a.s.o.
Simply I don't have that time to prepare release and re-thinks code
considered stable for ages.

>> As said, let's move on and chose a direction. If for you solves the
>> accounting of self generated messages, for me breaks the
>> pseudo-variable engine, accounting, logging and routing. But we are not
>> alone here. I am going to fix what is broken in my side of code in any
>> of the variants.
>>

> I'm perfectly happy with this approach. If everybody checks/fixes their
> code,
Again, it is no time for me to check and test all the code I wrote in 8
years, I am just going to disable it for local_route, and re-enable
after the unfreeze, when I will take in consideration and analyze the
new nested contexts architecture. I won't expose myself to stupid bugs
reporting due to improper local_route-enabled code design and analysis.

--
http://www.asipto.com