[OpenSER-Devel] discussion: issues with local_route

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Jun 24 14:48:48 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 24 June 2008, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> >> Then I believe that not running openser will solve all bugs, nothing
> >> will go wrong. This discussion goes aside the topic. If you consider
> >> that doing operations to a message and affecting a completely
> >> different message is not broken and critical because one has the
> >> choice not to use those functions, then I cannot comment more on
> >> this.
>
> Either you don't understand what I am saying with above and below
> phrases, or I don't understand what you are still asking.

What I would like to see is a small sample of a script that does something
and the result is broken with the local_route inplace. The example you
gave with the m_dump inconsistency, is easily fixable IMO. Did you find
any other case that shows that the local_route breaks something and it
can't be fixed without a redesign?

> As said, let's move on and chose a direction. If for you solves the
> accounting of self generated messages, for me breaks the
> pseudo-variable engine, accounting, logging and routing. But we are not
> alone here. I am going to fix what is broken in my side of code in any
> of the variants.

I'm perfectly happy with this approach. If everybody checks/fixes their
code, then before the release we can draw a line and if there are still
complaints of broken stuff we can ifdef and disable it. That's what I
asked from the beginning.

--
Dan