[OpenSER-Devel] SVN frozen or not?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Jun 10 17:43:53 CEST 2008

Henning,

As so far the discussion was carried on the list, invoking the interest
of the project and of all related people, I will reserve my right to
carry on this discussion here.
Also, the discussion must be public as it might interest other people
too, as, in my opinion, it reveals some concerning thinks about how this
project is going.

What I'm concerned about is creating precedents - precedents for
breaking rules under false arguments. Maybe other "can live with this",
but I do not.

And to prove this, I will just ask you some simple questions (there are
rhetorical questions, no need to answer):

1) it is true that the all of the reasons invoked in the first place (as
against the commit I did) proved to have no technical base (there is no
need for re-design or architectural re-work or any other major change) ?

2)  it is true that some people preferred to point burning fingers and
start polemical discussions instead of clearly pointing out whatever
technical change they considered was needed?

3) it is true that the required technical changes  were actually minor
and they were a 2 hours maximum job and they could have being done
Friday without a special need to mess with the release schedule

4) it is true that the so called decisions to re-open the SVN after
freeze in against the existing rules of the project?

5) it is true that the principals actually invoked in the discussion
were actually irrelevant -  as now, when I opened a separate thread to
build a more strict set of rules to govern the SVN work, there is no
input? And also if you considered on day enough for collecting opinions
on re-opening SVN, I also could consider one day enough and consider the
rules I suggested as accepted.

I hope you see my point - there were some twisting and forcing of the
rules and common-sense that ruled so far the project. And this creates a
dangerous precedent in the project.

We can all start exploiting different lacks or technical
misunderstanding to get over the project rules and to impose whatever an
individual wants.

Regards,
Bogdan