[OpenSER-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [4329] trunk/modules/benchmark/benchmark.c

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Jun 6 14:18:02 CEST 2008

On Friday 06 June 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> > to be honest i don't think that introducing a new route that (could)
> > affect basically all modules two days before the freeze is a really good
> > idea.
> that's the whole idea with the freeze - code is committed into SVN and
> then there is a period of time to test (during the freeze). This the
> project policy.
> If you have a relevant technical opinion on this new functionality,
> please let me know. Otherwise, I do not see any issue here.

Hello Bogdan,

i don't have unfortunally the necessary time today to review and test. With my
current understanding i don't see any issues, otherwise i've already
addressed them.

> > I had appreciated it if you've provided more informations about this
> > before the actual code has shown up, or at least do the commits a few
> > weeks in advance, to allow time for reviews and possible refinements.
>
> All of us are doing the best we can with the time we have. Maybe if you
> can give me the chance to post the description of this new commit, there
> will be no need for jumping into conclusions.

No offence, for sure. I really appreciate all the work that is done here of
course.

> >  Now i'm feeling a little bit rushed.
> about?

"Rushed" is probably a little bit to strong. I only think that this "last
minute way" is a common pattern in this project how new features or changes
gets introduced. A little bit more time to think about e.g. architecural
issues or interface design would be really great, instead of postphone this
to later releases. This is something that Dan also mentioned a few times in
the past, i think. But i'm guilty in this area as anybody else. ;-)

Should i convert the modules that i maintain to be able to use this new route?