[OpenSER-Devel] mediaproxy module dispatcher communication problem

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Jun 5 18:49:26 CEST 2008

Dan Pascu writes:

 > Apparently the media-relay output is missing 2 log lines. After it says
 > that is is listening on the 4 ports, it should also say it has added an
 > audio stream and started a new session. So from the logs it looks like
 > the relay started to do something and then just froze.

i'm pretty sure that i included all syslog lines.  i'll try to reproduce
the timeout.

 > It shouldn't. DNS lookups are only done by the relay to find the
 > dispatcher at startup and then on a regular basis (like every minute) to
 > see if the dispatcher address has changed. But DNS lookups are
 > asynchronous and should not block anything.

fine, i have 127.0.0.1 in config.ini as dispatchers, listen, and
listen_management value.

i was asking because when i reboot my laptop, bind is not running yet
when mediaproxy processes are started and resolv.conf has 127.0.0.1 as
its only nameserver.

-- juha