[OpenSER-Devel] mediaproxy module dispatcher communication problem

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Jun 5 18:42:50 CEST 2008

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Dan Pascu writes:
>
>  > There is a module parameter on the openser mediaproxy module to
>  > configure how much to wait for an answer from the dispatcher. The
>  > default is 500ms, but you can increase that.
>
> ok, i'll do that if i see more timeouts.  i have openser, dispatcher and
> relay all running on the same host.

That's what puzzles me. We have this setup running over the internet and
never had any timeout issues, which makes it even more weird why it has
them over localhost.
Apparently the media-relay output is missing 2 log lines. After it says
that is is listening on the 4 ports, it should also say it has added an
audio stream and started a new session. So from the logs it looks like
the relay started to do something and then just froze.

> does new mediaproxy require internet access for resolving names or for
> something else?  looks like at least some of the problems may be related
> to that.  i'm using the example tls certs that came with
> mediaproxy-common package.

It shouldn't. DNS lookups are only done by the relay to find the
dispatcher at startup and then on a regular basis (like every minute) to
see if the dispatcher address has changed. But DNS lookups are
asynchronous and should not block anything.

--
Dan