[OpenSER-Devel] force_rtp_proxy("l"); - OpenSer crashes

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Thu Nov 22 08:45:16 UTC 2007

El Wednesday 21 November 2007 21:26:47 Dan Pascu escribió:

> > The destination you are testing has 3 IP addresses and openser is doing
> > dns based failover :D.....
> > There is not bug.
>
> I'd say that there is. This goes counter intuitive to what a transaction
> timer means (and used to mean before this change). A transaction timer
> indicates how much to wait for a transaction and it doesn't care how many
> DNS lookups you've made. If I indicate that my transaction should timeout
> if no provisional reply is received in 15 seconds, I expect it to timeout
> in 15 seconds, not 30, 45, or 150 depending how many addresses the target
> domain has. Not only is this counter intuitive but is completely
> uncontrollable.

Note that as you say "a transaction timer indicates how much to wait for a
transaction", but OpenSer does various transactions in case of DNS failover,
so IMHO the parameter meaning and behaviour is correct.

Maybe a new parameter:
   modparam("tm", "fr_timer_max", X)
?

This parameter could set the total time for the N possible transactions
generated by OpenSer. Example:

  modparam("tm", "fr_timer", 10)
  modparam("tm", "fr_timer_max", 20)  ; So just 2 DNS failover tries

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es