[OpenSER-Devel] force_rtp_proxy("l"); - OpenSer crashes

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Nov 21 20:26:47 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 21 November 2007, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Well....this was fun :).... :).... This is typical example when the
> systems we build become smarter than us :)....
>
> Do you now where the x 3 comes from ?
>
> $ host gmail.com
> gmail.com has address 72.14.253.83
> gmail.com has address 64.233.171.83
> gmail.com has address 64.233.161.83
>
> The destination you are testing has 3 IP addresses and openser is doing
> dns based failover :D.....
> There is not bug.

I'd say that there is. This goes counter intuitive to what a transaction
timer means (and used to mean before this change). A transaction timer
indicates how much to wait for a transaction and it doesn't care how many
DNS lookups you've made. If I indicate that my transaction should timeout
if no provisional reply is received in 15 seconds, I expect it to timeout
in 15 seconds, not 30, 45, or 150 depending how many addresses the target
domain has. Not only is this counter intuitive but is completely
uncontrollable.

--
Dan