[Devel] SVN Properties

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri May 18 09:57:10 CEST 2007

On Donnerstag, 17. Mai 2007, Curt Moore wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I was doing some testing today and checked out a copy of openser from
> SVN.  After modifying some files, compiling, and running "svn status"
> I noticed that there are very few svn:ignore properties setup within
> the project.  Would it be possible to have someone add svn:ingore
> properties for *.so, *.o and *.d so that these files are ignored when
> performing SVN commands?  Alternatively, this could be done by having
> everyone modify their personal .subversion file to ingore these file
> types but if the change were made in the repository it would be easier
> to change the files which are ingored for the project at the project
> level in the future.
>
> Just a suggestion...

Hello Curt,

i've add the suggested file types to the root svn:ignore property. But this
setting is unfortunally not applied recursivly, and setting this property for
all directories containing some src files is perhaps a little bit to much..

Just include these file pattern into your subversion/config file, this should
be the easiest solution.