[Devel] SVN Properties

Curt Moore tgrman21 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 00:52:11 CEST 2007

Hello Henning.

Thank you for adding the ignore properties to the root of the repository.

I agree that manually setting the properties on all of the directories
would be very time consuming.  Luckily, I have a short shell script
that will do it automatically, if you choose to add the properties.
:-)

Here it is:

#!/bin/sh
dirlist="modules db parser mi mem"
ignore_file=ignore-these-files.txt

cat <<EOF > $ignore_file
*.d
*.so
EOF

for i in $dirlist; do
   find $i/ -type d | sed -e '/.svn\|doc\|example\|config\|lib/d' |
xargs svn propset svn:ignore --file $ignore_file
done

cat <<EOF > $ignore_file
openserunix
openserunix.d
EOF

svn propset svn:ignore --file $ignore_file utils/openserunix

rm -f $ignore_file

# END OF SCRIPT

All you have to do is run the script from the root of the openser
checkout.  The script will then set the SVN properties of all correct
subdirectories and filter out the doc directories underneath each of
the module directories.

I understand if you don't want to add the properties but I just
thought I'd pass along my script in case you just didn't want to
manually add all of the properties.

Cheers,
-Curt