[Devel] Fokus releases openIMS core

Dragos Vingarzan vingarzan at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Tue Nov 21 11:44:14 CET 2006

Hi Klaus,

The modules are documented with doxygen. Just go into the
ser_ims/doxygen directory and generate your own. We will also make
nightly builds available online soon. The docs are not perfect, but it
would be great if we would get some feedback on which parts need to be
detailed more.

Both the pcscf and scscf modules include registrars, redesigned
specially for IMS. The pcscf contains a reversed registrar, because it
assert identities for all IMS users. Reversed because it is more
efficient and it is synchronized through subscription to the reg event
at the scscfs. So yest, it really is necessary :).

nathelper is modified and included because our registrar is different.
we could eventually export a registrar interface on the pcscf and just
patch the nathelper, but then we will have to convince many people that
IMS makes sense ;-).

The pcscf sets-up 4 IPSec transport mode associations with each UE. This
is how 3GPP recommends it. It works together with AKA authentication and
the Service-Client/Server/Verify headers.

-Dragos

Dipl. Eng. Dragos Vingarzan
FOKUS/NGNI
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31
10589 Berlin,Germany
Phone +49 (0)30 - 3463 - 7385
Mobile +49 (0)163 - 159 - 5221
eMail vingarzan at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Web www.fokus.fraunhofer.de
We could change the world if God would give us the source code...