[Devel] Fokus releases openIMS core

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Mon Nov 20 16:45:58 CET 2006

Hello,

On 11/20/06 17:22, Dragos Vingarzan wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Well, we had to rebuild the process table to allow for a good diameter
> peer. This patch was accepted in the main branch, unfortunately not
> completely. So we still have a some patches, mainly to drop a process
> from the process table and some irrelevant log coloring, but nothing
> that would make one call it a branch. All else we tried to put in
> modules.
>
> The full source tree is there just to make new users' life much
> easier: they get all from one place. Also, we don't have to worry that
> somebody will use the modules with an outdated version of SER and that
> what you get is a usable instance. From time to time, we will import
> in ser_ims/sip_router/<version> the new releases and then merge them
> in the main ser_ims tree. If SER would use SVN, my life would be much
> easier as I could just do a svn:externals to the SER's repository.
>
> How big are the differences then between OpenSER and SER? Do you think
> that it would be manageable to have the same modules usable in both?
> As I said, is an alternative openser_ims tree in there viable?
the interface exported by module has changed, but I think it is
manageable. As for core and what functions you are using there I cannot
say something clear right now. If it is something that helps and not a
private extensions, we will integrate it in the trunk. Also the modules
can be imported as they do not affect the rest. If one want to keep
separate tree, it can do it, but should be easier to maintain everything
in a place.