[Devel] Fokus releases openIMS core

Dragos Vingarzan vingarzan at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Nov 20 16:22:10 CET 2006

Hi Daniel,

Well, we had to rebuild the process table to allow for a good diameter
peer. This patch was accepted in the main branch, unfortunately not
completely. So we still have a some patches, mainly to drop a process
from the process table and some irrelevant log coloring, but nothing
that would make one call it a branch. All else we tried to put in modules.

The full source tree is there just to make new users' life much easier:
they get all from one place. Also, we don't have to worry that somebody
will use the modules with an outdated version of SER and that what you
get is a usable instance. From time to time, we will import in
ser_ims/sip_router/<version> the new releases and then merge them in the
main ser_ims tree. If SER would use SVN, my life would be much easier as
I could just do a svn:externals to the SER's repository.

How big are the differences then between OpenSER and SER? Do you think
that it would be manageable to have the same modules usable in both? As
I said, is an alternative openser_ims tree in there viable?

-Dragos

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is it a new branch of SER or is it a set of patches? In SVN I see like
> full source tree.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>

> On 11/20/06 16:10, Dragos Vingarzan wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Yes, we did :). It seems that you beat me to announcing it.
>>
>> Quick about it:
>>
>> Keeping it short:
>> - project at http://www.openimscore.org  (SVN, mail-lists, etc on
>> berliOS)
>> - general information at
>> http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/ims/OSIMS.php?lang=en or
>> mailto:info at open-ims.org
>> - you get P/I/S-CSCF, HSS, SIP2IMS Gateway, CDiameterPeer (as module
>> for SER, also standalone usable), JavaDiameterPeer (100% Java and
>> decent performance).
>>
>> So far we have developed on top of SER. However, I would be very
>> happy to have it run also on OpenSER. If anyone could help create a
>> similar openser_ims distribution please contact me. I would gladly do
>> it myself, but I am swamped for the next 3-6 months and can't take
>> this task completely.
>>
>> Lots of people at the Workshop mentioned that they are using OpenSER.
>> There is no reason why they shouldn't continue to do so while we all
>> use a common set of IMS components.
>>
>> -Dragos
>>
>> Klaus Darilion wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> For those who are interested in other (open)ser related projectes:
>>> Fokus reöeased an IMS core based on ser:
>>>
>>> http://openimscore.org/
>>> code: http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/openimscore/
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Klaus

Dipl. Eng. Dragos Vingarzan
FOKUS/NGNI
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31
10589 Berlin,Germany
Phone +49 (0)30 - 3463 - 7385
Mobile +49 (0)163 - 159 - 5221
eMail vingarzan at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Web www.fokus.fraunhofer.de
We could change the world if God would give us the source code...