[Devel] Re: priorities in osp reply?

Dmitry Isakbayev dmitry at transnexus.com
Tue Jan 3 23:02:53 CET 2006

> > OSP response lists destinations in the order they should be tried.
> > However, each destination does not have an explicit priority.
>
> ok, then it is not possible to, for example, tell in the response that
> "try first simultaneously the first two and then simultaneously the last
> three".

Actually the OSP spec does support this functionality, but the OSP module
does not.  I will have to study how to implement this feature in the OSP
module.  Can you please suggest additional use cases that would need this
type of functionality.

> another question:  it is possible that some of the "peers" returned by
> osp are not trusted, i.e., can the token be missing?  for example, if
> osp server makes enum query and gets back several naprt records, some of
> which belong to trusted peers and some not.  what i'm trying to
> understand here is what is the intended relationship between osp and
> enum.

Yes you are correct, tokens are not required.  Destinations with tokens
would be trusted and destinations without tokens would be untrusted.  ENUM
route discovery combined with OSP tokens is a good idea.

Dmitry