[Devel] Compiling Presence module on Solaris 9

Peter Edwards peter.3.edwards at bt.com
Sat Dec 16 21:26:34 CET 2006

Hi, Bogdan.

It's been a long day, but it looks like I have success to report ... :)

The Makefile fix did indeed seem to solve my build problems and, with
the libxml2 fixes, the presence module also compiled OK.  Yay!

It's taken me quite some time to get everything up and running, mainly
due to some new Solaris issues in the latest CVS development version,
but luckily I've been able to work my way through them.

The first problem relates to the changes to the openser_mysql.sh script,
since the 1.1.0 release.  I've raised a bug report for this - I managed
to get the tables created, but I don't think this script has been tested
properly on Solaris yet.  I've described the hacks I used, but they're
probably not best practice!

The other major problem I haven't raised a bug for, is that the
openserctl script doesn't appear to be in-line with the latest database
structure - when I tried to "openserctl add" a subscriber, it complained
because the phplib_id column was no longer in the subscriber table.  I
removed that id from the insert statement, and it added the users OK.  I
didn't raise a bug for this because I assume this is just something yet
to be worked on and someone will update it in time for the next release.
Although, I'm happy to submit a bug if that's preferred.

So, after all that, I was able to get the server running and have been
able to detect the presence of a pair of users going on and offline.  I
haven't yet done anything more complicated than that (other than to see
that other presence states e.g. busy/on the phone etc. don't seem to
have any effect).

Thanks a lot for looking into this, bogdan.

Peter.

--
Peter Edwards

This Personal email contains my own opinions, sent In
Confidence and does not represent the views of British
Telecommunications plc.

British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no. 1800000

This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged and
confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of
the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the
intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in
error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the number
or address above) immediately.

Activity and use of the British Telecommunications plc
email system is monitored to secure its effective operation
and for other lawful business purposes. Communications using
this system will also be monitored and may be recorded to
secure effective operation and for other lawful business purposes.