[Devel] Compiling Presence module on Solaris 9

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Dec 14 14:03:06 CET 2006

Hi Peter,

Anca fixed the LIBXML2 usage in presence module and it compiles just
fine on Solaris now.

I tried also with the gcc compiler and I had no problem. NOTE that
yesterday there was a fix in the Makefile for the GCC version detection
on Solaris - a failed detection triggers the addition of the -mv8 flag .
As your sump showed:

Makefile.defs:651: You are using an old and unsupported gcc version
(3.3.2), compile at your own risk!

it looks like you have the buggy Makefile (it fails to recognize the
3.3.2 ver gcc).

Please update and give another shot.

regards,
bogdan