[Devel] Processing REGISTER requests

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Oct 4 18:17:16 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 18:32, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Are you sure that 98% implements it? There are different phones that
> generate same call-id, maybe that's the charm of SIP, nothing is
> reliable 100% :-) ... never boring ... all the time something to fix

I'm very sure. I have only one phone that has CSeq=101 in the database all
the time, all the others have a CSeq that is incremented by each
register. It's all in my first email.

> I understood that you propose to lookup by call-id only, otherwise I
> see no sense to do the lookup based on (call-id, contact address) since
> the contact is different (due to port change, in this case) => never
> matches.
>
> Maybe you can sketch the lookup algorithm so I understand better what
> you propose and we can spot the proper solution.

I'm a bit surprised and disappointed at this point. You are hammering down
my proposal while you don't seem to know what it contains. I didn't
propose to replace lookup-by-contact and I didn't propose to do the
lookup using both the callid and contact at the same time (that wouldn't
make any sense). The algorithm I proposed is in my first email and I
don't want to replicate it here. We may be able to continue this
discussion after you read it because till now you dismissed 2 solutions I
never proposed.

--
Dan