[Devel] Processing REGISTER requests

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Tue Oct 4 17:58:32 CEST 2005

On 10/04/05 18:46, Juha Heinanen wrote:

>Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
> > I understood that you propose to lookup by call-id only, otherwise I see
> > no sense to do the lookup based on (call-id, contact address) since the
> > contact is different (due to port change, in this case) => never
> > matches.
>
>i thought that one of the purposes of the gruu stuff is to identify a
>particular sip ua instance and it might also help to solve dan's
>problem.

Indeed, but gruu for SIP is still draft
(http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-gruu-04.txt) - same as for
sip-instance. I did read the draft to see what exactly says, at the
first sight seems to be more theoretic specifications.

If I am not wrong, the snom phone implements the sip-instance extension.