[Kamailio-Users] Forward calls from Asterisk to SIP provider via Kamailio for termination

Slot Zero slotzero1 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 18:21:37 CET 2010

Hi Alex,

Well I did a record route because I want the return path packets coming from provider to Kamailio and then to Asterisk. My setup is as follows

Asterisk and Kamailio are listeniing on all IPs on the server. Asterisk is listening on 5062(UDP) and Kamailio is listening on 5060 (UDP). The more and more I look at my config I have started to believe I might have complicated a bit too much for myself :). I might be able to describe what I my main goal is. My provider requires a username/password be delivered with every INVITE I send to it. I am already using a trunk from them which is directly connected to asterisk. My server has 7 Public IPs. Main IP is e.g. 172.16.31.32 (CIDR is /30 hence the gateway IP is 172.16.31.31).
Now I was also given a pool of 8 Public IPs e.g. 192.168.10.0/29 which are configured as aliases to the one ethernet card given to me on the server. I want to use Kamailio to enable me to send PSTN/VoIP calls on my second and thrid account from the same provider on the IP subnet given to me. Main IP is already in use. Asterisk will always stay as the main UAS for my client and UAC for my provider as A2Billing is running aswell. I also want that any exchange of information between Kamailio and Asterisk should be via loopback interface. I do not want to use Database it was already a pain in the complex rate cards setup of A2Billing :). I would be extremely greatful if you or anyone else can tell me if my analysis and direction to solve the issue is correct. Thank you

Cheers