[Kamailio-Users] Issue with dialog module

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Feb 18 11:16:39 CET 2010

El Jueves, 18 de Febrero de 2010, Santiago Gimeno escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using kamailio 1.5 from the branch. In a conditional forwarding
>  scenario with this call flow:
>

>        Phone A       Kamailio        Phone B        Phone C
>
>           |INVITE        |              |              |
>           |------------->|              |              |
>           |100 Trying    |              |              |
>           |<-------------|              |              |
>           |              |INVITE        |              |
>           |              |------------->|              |
>           |              |100 trying    |              |
>           |              |<-------------|              |
>           |              |180 Ringing   |              |
>           |              |<-------------|              |
>           |180 Ringing   |              |              |
>           |<-------------|              |              |
>           |              |486 Busy Here |              |
>           |              |<-------------|              |
>           |              |ACK           |              |
>           |              |------------->|              |
>           |              |INVITE        |              |
>           |              |---------------------------->|
>           |              |100 trying    |              |
>           |              |<----------------------------|
>           |              |180 Ringing   |              |
>           |              |<----------------------------|
>           |180 Ringing   |              |              |
>           |<-------------|              |              |
>           |              |200 OK        |              |
>           |              |<----------------------------|
>           |200 OK        |              |              |
>           |<-------------|              |              |
>           |ACK           |              |              |
>           |------------->|              |              |
>           |              |ACK           |              |
>           |              |---------------------------->|
>
> What I'm observing is that when Kamailio receives the 486 from B, the
>  dialog between A and B is not destroyed, so when the call is finally
>  established between A and C there are two active dialogs as I could check
>  with `kamctl fifo get_statistics active_dialogs`. Shouldn't there be only
>  one active dialog? Is this a problem in my script or a problem with the
>  dialog module?

For now dialog module is not "forking-aware" which means that fails detecting
cases like yours. However I don't know which should be the expected behaviour
for your case (serial forking) with the current dialog module code.

PS: Could you tell me how did you "paint" the above SIP flow? it's very nice
:)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>