[Kamailio-Users] Issue with dialog module

Santiago Gimeno santiago.gimeno at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:47:14 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm using kamailio 1.5 from the branch. In a conditional forwarding scenario
with this call flow:

       Phone A       Kamailio        Phone B        Phone C
          |              |              |              |
          |              |              |              |
          |              |              |              |
          |INVITE        |              |              |
          |------------->|              |              |
          |100 Trying    |              |              |
          |<-------------|              |              |
          |              |INVITE        |              |
          |              |------------->|              |
          |              |100 trying    |              |
          |              |<-------------|              |
          |              |180 Ringing   |              |
          |              |<-------------|              |
          |180 Ringing   |              |              |
          |<-------------|              |              |
          |              |486 Busy Here |              |
          |              |<-------------|              |
          |              |ACK           |              |
          |              |------------->|              |
          |              |INVITE        |              |
          |              |---------------------------->|
          |              |100 trying    |              |
          |              |<----------------------------|
          |              |180 Ringing   |              |
          |              |<----------------------------|
          |180 Ringing   |              |              |
          |<-------------|              |              |
          |              |200 OK        |              |
          |              |<----------------------------|
          |200 OK        |              |              |
          |<-------------|              |              |
          |ACK           |              |              |
          |------------->|              |              |
          |              |ACK           |              |

What I'm observing is that when Kamailio receives the 486 from B, the dialog
between A and B is not destroyed, so when the call is finally established
between A and C there are two active dialogs as I could check with `kamctl
fifo get_statistics active_dialogs`. Shouldn't there be only one active
dialog? Is this a problem in my script or a problem with the dialog module?

Thanks in advance,

Santi