[Kamailio-Users] Loose Route / Re-Invite

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Feb 3 22:25:56 CET 2010

El Miércoles, 3 de Febrero de 2010, Alex Balashov escribió:
> Thinking about this a little more, I am not sure I understand the issue,
> perhaps because the original post is confusing.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong:
>
> 1) If initial INVITE is from NAT'd user to PSTN, when INVITE is received
> by proxy its Contact is fixed up and it is passed along.
>
> So, replies and sequential requests from PSTN should go to fixed up
> target URI (mangled Contact URI from client-side INVITE).
>
> 2) If initial INVITE is from PSTN to NAT'd user, replies with Contact
> from NAT'd client are fixed up by proxy and passed along to PSTN.
> Sequential requests from PSTN go to new, mangled target URI, including
> re-INVITEs.

Right.

> Contact 200 OK or other response to re-INVITE from client is fixed up as
> well, no?

It could, but it's not required as target uri cannot change after the dialog
is established.

This is: upon dialog creation both UA's must send in-dialog requests to the
proxy (if it did loose routing) with the RURI pointing to the target uri (set
in the initial INVITE/200 by inspecting Contact headers). The Contact in a re-
INVITE or its response doesn't matter.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>