[Kamailio-Users] How Kamailio Generate INVITE

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 10:49:08 CEST 2009

On 08.09.2009 16:01 Uhr, Alex Balashov wrote:
> ALAEDDINE abbech wrote:
>
>> How can i generate an INVITE from Kamailio.
>> I want generate many INVITE using parametre from data base.
>> Who have an idea for this pb.
>
> In principle[1], Kamailio is a SIP proxy, not a UAC.  It can't be used
> to generate anything;  its job is simply to relay requests and replies
> that it receives.  It is event-driven.
>
> In short, Kamailio is not the right software to do this.
>
> -- Alex
>
> [1]  Exceptions include functionality such as dlg_bridge(), as well as
>      uac_req_send():
>
>      http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/uac.html#id2467913
>
>      However, the latter still must happen in response to request
>      processing - that is, a request initiated by another UA.  The
>      former can be initiated via MI on the command line, but is not
>      an INVITE origination mechanism per se, and not what you're
>      looking for.

apart of dlg_bridge() that can be used for connecting two phones,
sending simple invite from config file is pretty useless assuming you
want those calls going on an playing some audio.

For that you need a media server, a quick gooling can reveal options
like asterisk, freeswitch, sems, etc...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/