[Kamailio-Users] How Kamailio Generate INVITE

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Sep 8 16:01:59 CEST 2009

ALAEDDINE abbech wrote:

> How can i generate an INVITE from Kamailio.
> I want generate many INVITE using parametre from data base.
> Who have an idea for this pb.

In principle[1], Kamailio is a SIP proxy, not a UAC.  It can't be used
to generate anything;  its job is simply to relay requests and replies
that it receives.  It is event-driven.

In short, Kamailio is not the right software to do this.

-- Alex

[1]  Exceptions include functionality such as dlg_bridge(), as well as
      uac_req_send():

      http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/uac.html#id2467913

      However, the latter still must happen in response to request
      processing - that is, a request initiated by another UA.  The
      former can be initiated via MI on the command line, but is not
      an INVITE origination mechanism per se, and not what you're
      looking for.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems