[Kamailio-Users] BLF and MWI problem on Grandstreams

David kamailio.org at spam.lublink.net
Wed Oct 7 22:14:04 CEST 2009

All,

I upgraded to Kamailio 1.5 and had a lot of problems getting BLF and MWI
working. So I will list here some of my notes in case some body else
ever has the same issue.

Firstly, in my tests I am using a GXP2000, GXP2020 and a SPA962. I also
tested with a SNOM360.

my issue was the MWI seemed to fail after an hour, and I could not find
why. So in searching my config, I found that when the phones were
resubscribing to MWI and BLF, it was being caught in this condition :

if (has_totag()) {
          if (loose_route()) {
               if (is_method("BYE")) {
                    setflag(1); # do accouting ...
                         setflag(3); # ... even if the transaction fails
               }
               route(4);
          }
          else {
               sl_send_reply("404","Not here");
               exit;
          }
     }

My subscribe code handling was after this block, I noticed the issue
from the 404 the grandstream was getting when trying to subscribe. I
therefore added handling for the subscribe packets in this section, and
my MWI and BLF seems to be working.

    else if ( is_method("PUBLISH") || is_method("SUBSCRIBE") )
          {
               route(5);
               exit ;
          }

Where route(5) does the appropriate handling of these two types of SIP
packets.

It should be noted, when I speak of MWI I am referring to presence
message-summary which is sent via a publish by my media application.
When I write BLF, I am referring to Presence Dialog.

So when my phones were resubscribing, they are being sent a 404.

I tested the Grandstream and the Linksys, and both seem to have the
problem resolved. I will test this with the Snom tomorrow and post my
results.

David