[Kamailio-Users] SIMPLE vs XMPP: The Resolution

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Oct 7 14:42:01 CEST 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:

 > Yes, that's a good vision. The problem here is that IETF *didn't*
 > finish its work for SIMPLE and XCAP. Instead, IETF has published
 > half-done specifications.
 >
 > I paste a mail I sent to IETF SIMPLE maillist:
 >
 >   http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/simple/current/msg08512.html

inaki,

interesting reading.  i haven't been on ietf mailing lists for quite
some time.  perhaps there are no "ietf" people anymore left in ietf sip
related working groups, and they are currently only rubber stamping
oma/ims specifications.  looks to be that way, because no-one responded
to your message.

i don't have anything against oma as long as they don't force me to use
a large number of walled garden servers (like is the case with ims),
whose only purpose is to milk the cow as many times as possible.

perhaps it thus makes sense to adopt from oma specs at least the xml
document specifications.

-- juha