[Kamailio-Users] perl module, "pv_sprintf: Memory exhausted!"

Christian Koch chri.koch.vier at googlemail.com
Wed May 20 11:50:50 CEST 2009

Hi Henning,

Henning Westerholt schrieb:
> > I can't see any unusal messages or errors (beside the fact, that I'm not
> > sure what is unusal ;-) ), but even startup is very slow. It needs
> > several minutes before we even see all kamailio processes in ps aux.
> > Here is one fragment of the startup logfile, where you can see, that
> > within one second not really much happens:
>

> This long startup is also a bit unusual. Sure, it needs to allocates
> some memory, and this informations needs to be written to syslog, but
> several minutes is too slow. Do you read some database content in
> memory on startup, like a huge location table, or a big carrierroute
> route tree with several hundreds of MB?
We're connecting to a database, but it includes only a few (about 20)
subscribers, nothing else.  We didn't stress test the database
(-connection). Without memdebug kamailio runs fast.

> > May 20 09:42:20 AmbriaSip1 kamailio: params (0x81677e0, 96), called from
> > route_struct.c: mk_action(106)
> > [..]
> > May 20 09:42:22 AmbriaSip1 kamailio: params (0x81677e0, 12), returns
> > address 0x81b4004 frag. 0x81b3fec (size=12) on 1 -th hit
> >
> > The logfile is full with this kind of messages.
> > The load of the machine (Xeon dualcore @3GHz) goes up to 2, but using
> > top we can't see that kamailio is using much CPU time (sometimes about
> > 20%, but not more).
>

> So in which processes is the rest of the CPU time spend?
Most of the time the CPU seems to be idle. Sometimes syslog shows up in
top, but without much CPU time.
Do you think this could be a dual-CPU issue? Perhaps syncing the memory
access between the CPUs is slow?
If you like to see the complete logfile we can post this too.

Regards,
Christian