[Kamailio-Users] perl module, "pv_sprintf: Memory exhausted!"

Christian Koch chri.koch.vier at googlemail.com
Wed May 20 11:17:35 CEST 2009

Hi Daniel,

Daniel-Constantin Mierla schrieb:
>>  We changed PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE from 4 to 8MB and a stress test didn't
>> show any problems for more then 12 hours. Then we changed it to 0.5MB
>> and the problem occured after about 3 hours again wiht the same error
>> message.
>> The error message in pv_sprintf() occurs when pkg_malloc() returns
>> NULL, so this should be a PKG issue?!?
>> Currently we're running a test with 0.5MB of pkg memory, but we've
>> fixed the error in pv_sprintf where the format is wrong and the
>> buffer is not freed. In the test this morning (with 0.5MB) we had the
>> message "wrong format" only once, and in all the other tests the
>> message didn't show up. So we don't think this fixes the problem.
>> Do you think only one missing pkg_free() (like in the last test) can
>> corrupt the memory so this error occurs?
>>
> Now that the issue is pkg, you can compile and run in mem debug mode
> so we can detect easier where the leak is, check this:
> http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/troubleshooting:memory

We've compiled kamailio with mem debug, but now kamailio is very, very
slow, so that it's really not possible to make a stress test. We were
able to place one single call (The INVITE took aboute 1:30 min until it
reached the destination).
The memory status at shutdown is available at:
http://rcpt.yousendit.com/690135386/7f3f82ffe0daf468b783ecf6e9e61bc8
Hopefully this will be helpful.

Thanks for your help,
Christian