[Kamailio-Users] SIP-Router Project - how does this affect me?

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Jul 7 13:05:33 CEST 2009

On Montag, 6. Juli 2009, Alex Balashov wrote:
> [..]
> This seems fair enough, but it doesn't adequately explain who sip-router
> is intended for and who Kamailio is intended for, and who should use which
> and why and under what circumstances.  It does also seem that most of the
> development and documentation energy is being concentrated into sip-router
> integration, which leaves open the question of what the future of Kamailio
> is.

Hi Alex, Hi Geoffrey,

just one small addition with regards to eventual concerns about maintenance:

One reason that a lot of the development energy going to sr repository at the
moment is that the merge broke some things, and also certain existing
functionality from the core were not sufficient documented and such. But apart
from the move from svn to git there is no real change with regards to the
maintenance of the existing stable kamailio versions. It has always been more
or less like that, stable branches should be, well stable. ;-)

The 1.5 and 1.4 branches will be maintained as usual, even 1.3 still got a few
bug fixes in the last weeks i think. For example we (with our infrastructure)
have not migrated to 1.5 yet.. So i don't think there are reasons to fear that
this branches will be not maintained anymore, even if a new stable release is
out.

Henning