[Kamailio-Users] stun/outbound draft...

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sun Jan 4 23:14:44 CET 2009

2009/1/4 Aymeric Moizard <jack at atosc.org>:

> On Sun, 4 Jan 2009, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
>
>>  * what about case where you have several proxy?
>
>> Yes, good point. But it's really difficult an scenario in which two
>> users behind the same NAT connect to different proxies.
>> In this case the media proxy would be enabled even if not necessary.
>
> Not all relay work if several media proxy are used because some RTP
> relay wait for RTP data before relaying and RTP is received on the
> other relay....

Yes, but there are some workarounds. For example nathelper module in
Kamailio adds a SDP line:
  "a=nortpproxy"
when it enables RtpProxy, so if other proxy in the patch tries to add
its own RtpProxy it won't do it due to the presence of that SDP line.

And AFAIK, MediaProxy doesn't suffer of this issue.

>> What I really like is the idea of non-replacing the "Contact" header
>> in the proxy (described in "outbound" proxy AFAIK).
>
> UA can have correct contact even if not using outbound:
>
> send OPTIONS
> check received= and rport= parameter in answer.
> send REGISTER with correct contact binding!
>
> easy....

Yeah, but does some UA implement it? is this technique defined in some
RFC/draft?

So what you mean is that, with "outbound" draft, the UA registers the
public URI (after discovering it using STUN), is it? (I must re-read
the draft XD).

Best regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo