[Kamailio-Users] stun/outbound draft...

Aymeric Moizard jack at atosc.org
Sun Jan 4 21:51:34 CET 2009

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

>  * what about case where you have several proxy?

>Yes, good point. But it's really difficult an scenario in which two
>users behind the same NAT connect to different proxies.
>In this case the media proxy would be enabled even if not necessary.

Not all relay work if several media proxy are used because some RTP
relay wait for RTP data before relaying and RTP is received on the
other relay....

>>  * What if the endpoint is detected as a non-symmetric NAT (most
>>   probably, you detect this on SIP signalling port.) but becomes
>>   symmetric on the RTP port?
>
>Life is hard XD

so hard...

>> ICE don't need to know where you are on the internet: it just work.
>> It's also capable of doing TCP/TLS connection to the TURN server
>> to tunnel UDP data for NAT configured to block UDP...

>It sounds really nice.
>What I really like is the idea of non-replacing the "Contact" header
>in the proxy (described in "outbound" proxy AFAIK).

UA can have correct contact even if not using outbound:

send OPTIONS
check received= and rport= parameter in answer.
send REGISTER with correct contact binding!

easy....

Aymeric MOIZARD / ANTISIP
amsip - http://www.antisip.com
osip2 - http://www.osip.org