[Kamailio-Users] How can I use domain module?

Ramu contactramu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 09:31:08 CET 2009

Hi All,

Am using kamailio's domain module.

My domain table has one row as follows:
id domain                     last_modified
1  testing.mydev.net     timestamp

And my subscriber table has users as follows:
+----+----------+---------------------------+----------+---------------+-----+------+------+
| id | username | domain                    | password | email_address | ha1
| ha1b | rpid |
+----+----------+---------------------------+----------+---------------+-----+------+------+
|  1 | 2000     | testing.mydev.net       | 2000       |               |
|      | NULL |

Am using X-Lite phone to register with Kamailio and got AOR in location
table
AOR:: 2000 at testing.mydev.net

The problem here is how can I do a lookup("location")?

If I simply do a lookup("location") kamailio is not finding because User
extension comes from other SIP server as INVITE sip:2000 at kamailio_ip.

My setup as follows
Users registers with Kamailio
Kamailio sends INVITE to Asterisk for NAT handling
Asterisk sends back user extension to Kamailio
Kamailio has to lookup and call user.

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 10:23 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net> wrote:

> 2009/2/23 ram <talk2ram at gmail.com>:
> >> You can use DNS SRV records to direct the sip traffic to kamailio.
> >> mydomain.org can point to something else (e.g., web server). However,
> >> you phone must support DNS SRV queries.
> >

> > Can i map multiple Domain to same IP address
> > and use multi domain setup .
> >
> > example
> >
> > 10.1.1.1  testdomain.com
> > 10.1.1.1. xyz.com
>
> Why not? haven't you seen web servers handling multiple virtual
> domains pointing to same IP? here is the same.
>
> --
> Iñaki Baz Castillo
> <ibc at aliax.net>

Ramu