[Kamailio-Users] Transparent bridge mode

Vikram Ragukumar vragukumar at signalogic.com
Fri Dec 18 22:08:12 CET 2009

Daniel,

Thank you for your reply. Let me briefly explain what i am trying to
achieve over here.

 _____  eth0  _____    eth1   ______
|_____|------|_____|--------|______|
Internet        Server1            Server2
                    2 NIC's             1 NIC
                                            (Public IP)

I show above a sketch of the desired setup.

Server1 - Runs Kamailio and rtpproxy. It has 2 NIC's installed.
Server2 - Runs Asterisk. It must be assigned a Public IP.

I need to use rtpproxy to intercept data being sent to Server 2, process
them and let them continue along their original path. Are there any
references you can point me to, that show how to use rtpproxy to achieve
this bridging? Does the connection between eth1 of Server1 and eth0 of
Server2 have to made using a crossover cable ?

Thank you for all your help.
Regards,
Vikram.