[Kamailio-Users] Presence_Dialoginfo versioning

kamailio.org at spam.lublink.net kamailio.org at spam.lublink.net
Tue Dec 15 01:10:56 CET 2009

Hey,

I have noticed that the XML body of the dialog messages contains a
version attribute. The server is counting the versions using the latest
subscription as a reference point, and the phone is counting the
versions from the first subscription ( at reboot ).

Which is the correct way to count these versions?

Consider :

10:00 Subscription
10:05 Notification version 1
10:35 Notification version 2
11:01 Subscription
11:05 Notification version X

Is X = 3 because it is the third notification or 1 because it is the
first after the last subscription? If it's version 1, it could confuse
the phone cause a notification that is sent at the same time as the
notification would have a confusing version.

On the other hand, each subscription, has it's own versioning, so would
it not logically follow that the different subscriptions for the same
device have seperate versioning?

 From my phone : BLF Notify received for line: 3 has older version: 3
last version:135

To confirm my theory, I redialed the number 133 times, and once the
version number had run up to 136, the lights started flashing again.

Is this a bug in Grandstream, Kamailio, or perhaps an RFC which was unclear?

Thanks,

David