[Kamailio-Users] domain alias support for multi domain configuration

Tue Dec 1 20:43:40 CET 2009

Hi Aymeric!

AFAIK there is no built-in feature in Kamailio 1.5 to solve this issue.

But maybe you can solve it manually - for each task separately:
- for call routing, just replace sip.domain with domain.com if detected,
e.g.: if ($rd=="sip.domain") { $rd="domain"; }

Also add sip.domain to domain table (if you use the domain module).

More complicated is authentication: I think it can be solved by checking
for "sip.domain" and putting "domain" into PV and use
pv_[www|proxy]_authorize() functions.

I think the hardest part is registration. I do not know a solution to
save() user at sip.domain as user at domain.

Probably the easiest solution would be - as indicated by Inaki -
ignoring clients which are wrong configured or do not allows to
configure outboundproxy and SIP domain separately.

Maybe it can be solved also by useng sip-router and ser's
userloc/registrar/auth module. AFAIK in ser's DB schema, the SIP AoR was
decoupled from the credentials (subscriber table) - but you would need
to migrate your DB schema.

regards
klaus