[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio -> Asterisk Redirect/Reinvite and Remote-Party-ID

Tue Dec 1 18:55:38 CET 2009

Florian Meister wrote:
> Thanks for the info. What are the headers which should be used for CLI, the not obsolete ones ? ;-)

See Raul's email for the standardized headers. These are often used for
provider interconnect and also supported by recent PSTN gateways.

IIRC there is no explicit support for PAI, PPI in Asterisk, so you would
have to use the SIP_HEADER function and manually parse the headers.

So, as long as you use it only internally, you can use the obsolete RPID
header too, actually you could any header.

For example, internally (between proxies and Asterisk-Gateways) I use a
lot of proprietary headers for signaling for internal data, for example:

(user provided CLI)

(network provided CLI)

(number which did the forwarding)

(billing ID (internal customer identity))

(terminate call after x seconds)

regards
Klaus