[Kamailio-Users] registrar lookups without reason

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 18:35:48 CEST 2009

Hello,

On 31.08.2009 18:26 Uhr, catalina oancea wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is what the lookup() command does. Are you sure you don't use
> this command at all in your cfg? If so, how do you know to which IP
> address to send the calls for a certain extension?
>
> Catalina
>

> 2009/8/31 Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>:
>
>> when analyzing the weird problem, where request uri gets rewritten with
>> aor's contact even when there is no command in config file that would do
>> it, i noticed these lines in syslog:
>>
>> Aug 31 16:41:50 /usr/sbin/kamailio[23139]: DBG:core:rewrite_uri: rewriting Request-URI with 'sip:foo.bar at ip-address:5060;transport=UDP'
>> Aug 31 16:41:50 opensipg /usr/sbin/kamailio[23139]: DBG:registrar:lookup: 'foo.bar at ip-address' Not found in usrloc
>> Aug 31 16:41:50 opensipg /usr/sbin/kamailio[23139]: DBG:registrar:lookup: 'foo.bar at ip-address' Not found in usrloc
>>
>> any one has any idea why lookup was called even when it is not in the
>> script?

lookup(location) is called as I can see from log. AFAIK there is no
other module calling it internally. However, there is a rewrite_uri()
done before, since 'Not found in usrloc' message comes afterwards. That
can be from other module: rr, enum, etc.

Also, make sure the proxy uses the config you think it should.

I assume you talk about kamailio 1.5.x ... right?

>> this is getting very weird. looks like kamailio is executing statements
>> on its own.
>>
>> -- juha

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/