[Kamailio-Users] [sr-dev] [SR-Users] kamailio 3.0 - the time before freezing

MÉSZÁROS Mihály misi at niif.hu
Mon Aug 24 17:25:09 CEST 2009

Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Iñaki Baz Castillo schrieb:
>> 2009/8/24 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> I am personally aware of companies using Kamailio with several
>>> millions of
>>> subscribers, using kamailio database schema. Also, I am aware of
>>> companies
>>> having more or less same level of subscriber base using SER database
>>> schema.
>>> All have additional tools for management, integration with third-party
>>> application, a.s.o. Do you think that saying "hey, you were the unlucky
>>> bastard because we are going to drop tomorrow the database schema
>>> you are
>>> using" is the solution?
>>
>> That's right, but I don't expect that migration to SR is a priority
>> for those companies already using OpenSER/Kamailio. For example, I
>> know some companies still using OpenSer 1.2.
>>
>> However, it seems that the idea is that Kamailio/SER will use SR as
>> core, but the fact is that SR core uses current Kamailio and SER
>> modules/features as separate (modules_k, modules_s...). Wouldn't make
>> sense to unify SR code instead of having it splited in K and S?
>
> I always is a matter of viewpoint (If A sits next to B, B also sits
> next to A). Of course you could have it in 3 repositories: 1xSR, 1xser
> and 1xKamailio. But the decision was to use a single repository for
> easier developing (e.g. core API changes require module changes too).
>
> So, at the moment SR is the common repository for Kamailio
> (modules_k+modules+core) and ser (modules_s+modules+core). So, I think
> the next Kamailio release (source ball) might have just modules_k and
> modules. And ser does not need to distribute modules_k. However, if
> somebody wants to make fine selection, modules_s and modules_k can be
> mixed too.

Hi!

I want only mention my experience. (I am pretty new using sip-router.)
I tried to mix the modules but it didn't work for me.
So I want some modules from modules_s (xlog,auth_identiy ...) and other
from modules_p (presence etc.)
But i have failed. :(
I must choose from the two repository. I can't use it together.
The key problem was that SL modul is not merged. Many modules depends on
this modul.

Misi