[Kamailio-Users] Failed gateway recovery with dispatcher.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Sep 24 19:11:53 CEST 2008

Hi Daniel,

Kamailio is most definitely not re-enabling the gateway.  I will look
into it as you suggest and pass along what I find.

As far as the "algorithm" used by ds_next_dst()/domain(), why is there
not an algorithm implemented which simply uses the first gateway in the
route set?  Why do I have to resort to using an unnumbered algorithm
("X") for that:

Sep 24 13:07:55 [29155] WARNING:dispatcher:ds_select_dst: algo 256 not
implemented - using first entry...
Attempting to relay INVITE from 205.221.123.11 to 212.42.196.8

I don't want any hashing of any headers.  And I don't want to use any
hash algorithm which always hashes to one value, because I have no
control over what that single value is.

I would think that using one gateway primarily, with a secondary as a
standby, is a very, very common use case.  What is the best way to do
this with dispatcher?

Thanks,

-- Alex

--