[Kamailio-Users] CDRTool and Prepaid

rabs at dimension-virtual.com rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Mon Sep 1 20:17:12 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 01:28:16PM +0200, DanB wrote:
> Is it? I would still consider B2BUA as a private case of SBC and it really
> suits my scenario.

Thats a matter of "visualization" .. :)

> That's a case of using Yate only for this purpose, but what about if you use
> Yate for h323/sip conversion and receive calls from other parties as well.
> Do u think they cannot set such of header? Do u want to give to the end user
> the possibility of controlling your softswitch by setting different headers?

They can not, because H.323 does not allow "custom-headers" you could
only use the "standar ones", H.323 it's a binary protocol, so no way
to add customs headers and "magicatly" they appears on the UAS side.

In our scenarios (only SIP), everyone MUST pass throught our SBC's so
.. we control all headers that goes to the MG's

> We provide free accounts to our users, and each account is individual, so
> each user will call at one moment in time from one account only (did not get
> users complaining about that till now). CDRTool initial operation was
> developed with this policy in mind. You can also use the non-locking feature
> introduced recently but it's just a matter of your policy, I will stick to
> mine for the moment.

So, in your system you only allow a user to do ONE call?, what
happers if one "user" configure his account on a IP-PBX? you only
allow him to do ONE call? no been able to do more than one call
simultaneous? ... that's a dessing misstake from my point of view.

Best Regads