[Kamailio-Users] CDRTool and Prepaid

DanB danb at sms4sip.com
Mon Sep 1 13:28:16 CEST 2008

Hi Raul,

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana <
rabs at dimension-virtual.com> wrote:

> El Monday 01 September 2008 11:12:49 DanB escribió:
> > Hi Matteo,
> >
> > I was in the same position like you are now, months back.
> >
> > At least in OpenSER (please note that 1.4 is no longer tagged as OpenSER,
> > but Kamailio) it was hard to do call-control since SER like was not
> > initially developed to be dialog aware server. Dialog module is coming
> > slowly to be there but I have the feeling it will take a bit time more to
> > have a mature product out.
> >
> > In the mean time I decided to go with an easier approach, so have
> installed
> > Yate ( I am sure Asterisk or Freeswitch can do the same job as well, but
> it
> > is just about having yate on hands on that time). In my case Yate will
> take
> > the timeout value from Private SIP Header and process it as global timer
> of
> > the call (Yate acts as SBC or B2BUA).
>
> In that scenario Yate is working as B2BUA not as SBC.

Is it? I would still consider B2BUA as a private case of SBC and it really
suits my scenario.

> > If the call does finish before the
> > timer is hit, Yate will do the job and disconnect both legs of the call
> > (inbound and outbound) by sending BYE to both parties, therefore reaching
> > the scenario wanted. However, this is considered like a security whole in
> > Yate since anyone could achieve call disconnects by using the right
> private
> > header, so u must set also an ip acl inside yate for the calls where u
> > process the private-timer header.
>
> In you put a Kamailio in front of Yate you could ensure taht private-timer
> headers are only there because Kamailio put them, so no security hole
> possible.

That's a case of using Yate only for this purpose, but what about if you use
Yate for h323/sip conversion and receive calls from other parties as well.
Do u think they cannot set such of header? Do u want to give to the end user
the possibility of controlling your softswitch by setting different headers?

> > I am at your disposal if you need further help with freeradius-cdrtool
> > connector (planning to release out a new version soon, just hope that the
> > time will stay still to give me that opportunity ;-) ).
>
> In your solution, you have not considered the situation of two simultaneous
> calls from the same user.

We provide free accounts to our users, and each account is individual, so
each user will call at one moment in time from one account only (did not get
users complaining about that till now). CDRTool initial operation was
developed with this policy in mind. You can also use the non-locking feature
introduced recently but it's just a matter of your policy, I will stick to
mine for the moment.

Cheers,
DanB