[Kamailio-Users] In-dialog request correlation without loose routing?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Oct 16 20:53:01 CEST 2008

That's what I thought too, looking at the traffic.  My guess is it
correlates by to-tag and/or Call-ID GUID.

Are you using "record-route mechanism" and "loose-routing"
interchangeably?  To me, they are very different things.  Record-route
causes the subsequent in-dialog requests from both ends to be routed
through the server, which is something that I did have applied in my
configuration.  Loose routing does what RFC 3261 says it does, and
specifically in this case, it processes the Route: header and modifies
the RURI if necessary.

What I commented out was loose-routing, and with that, request
correlation broke - even in dlg_match_mode 2.  So, what I am assuming is
that loose routing is still necessary for the correlation to work, with
or without the cookie.

My question was why that was so, as there appeared to be no obvious
reason for this as long as record-routing is turned on.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems