[Kamailio-Users] In-dialog request correlation without loose routing?

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Thu Oct 16 20:31:23 CEST 2008

The cookie attribute is not used at all in mode 2.  Inspect your
traffic and you will see that there are no rr coockes  and the dialog
matching is working ok (in mode 2).
The record-route mechanism is used as a _hook_ by the dialog module to
intercept in dialog requests.  I don't know how to put this better in
words ...
Hope that this clarifies your dialog matching issue.

So ... the dlg_match_mode works as advertised in the doc as long as
you have a proper implementation of the record rote mechanism.
For mode 0 and 1 you will have cookies in the Record-Route headers.
For mode 2 you will have no cookies in the Record-Route headers and
the matching will still work.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas