[Kamailio-Users] question about register

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Nov 12 09:09:05 CET 2008

On Tue, November 11, 2008 8:19 pm, Fabian Borot wrote:

> txs Henning, the search() works, that block only matches REGISTERs, but my
> point was whether the lookup() function makes sense or not for handling
> REGISTERs [ I see it in some tutorials, I am a beginner to kamailio by the
> way]
>
> as far as handling UN-REGISTRATIONs, would save() fit there as well?
> should I do something special to handle the UN-REGISTRATION or kamailio
> should know that should remove the AOR automaticall when it sees the
> "expires=0" in the Contact HF?
>

> also, I see the loop but do not understand why it happens.

Hi Fabian,

using the lookup function makes no sense for REGISTERs. An incoming INVITE
is targeted to some user at sip.domain, so you need to do the lookup() to be
able deliver the INVITE to your user. But the REGISTER is targeted to
sip.domain, e.g. your servers, which should just handle them.

The save() does all the work for you, it also handles unregistrations,
error handling related to REGISTERs and so on.You don't need to handle it
specially.

The loop happens as the unregistration is not handled by your save() path
in the config (probably because of the wrong check), so the server try to
forward it. The destination was not changed, so it will end up on your
server again, and again..

I'll later take a look to the docs of the save() function, perhaps this
should be explained a little bit better.

Henning