[Kamailio-Users] Dialog profile persistence - DB vs. memory.

Jerome Martin jmartin at longphone.fr
Tue Nov 11 00:15:31 CET 2008

Alex,

You are getting confused between the actual dialogs stored persistently
in databe and the dialog _profiles_ information.

The dialogs are persistent in db_mode > 0, and upon restart of the
proxy, based on proxy IPs, the dialogs will be restored in memory from
database. This allows to perform dialog-matching for subsequent
requests.

For instance, if you start a dialog, then restart the proxy (reloading
the dialog info from database), you will notice that a BYE for this
dialog that arrives after the restart will trigger the correct
computation of $DLG_duration (this is just an example).

Dialog profiles, on the other hand, is transient, in-memroy information
that is not currently stored in database. I think the main reason is
that dialog profiles were initially intended to be used for statistics,
not dialog matching/accounting/authorisation.

However your use case, IMHO, is valid and deserves to be taken into
consideration for future dialog module improvements.

I hope this clarifies the point of storing dialogs in database ...

Regards