[OpenSER-Users] LCR Gateway Priority....

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Mar 25 16:02:12 CET 2008

Douglas Garstang writes:

 > Thanks. I went through that option yesterday. As we have 6 instances
 > of OpenSER running, I would need to have SIX routes defined in the
 > lcr table for a single prefix. For example (IP's modified):

i don't follow this.  the example you give now is different from earlier
one.  anyway, it is not a good idea to store 120,000 entries in lcr
table.

 > Our providers also have sometimes have several gateways in a single
 > POP. However, we don't want to actually try and route calls to every
 > single gateway in a POP, just a few of them.

then you could list only those you want to try.  there is no capability
to skip gateways unless you do it in your script after calling
next_gws.

this convinces me that current pstn service model is something we would
really need to get rid of.  emulating it using sip makes no sense.

-- juha