[OpenSER-Users] WeSIP ans Openser configurations problems

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Mar 6 10:21:46 CET 2008

On Tuesday 04 March 2008, bsb093 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new in this area and as expected I am having real problem with setting
> up the Openser with WeSIP .
> I have installed OpenSER 1.2.0 on debian platform and download WeSIP from
> WeSIP website.
>
> When trying to run Openser I get an error that fifo="tmp/openser_fifo" line
> has parse error (in the openser.cfg). Therefore I remove this line and
> instead I added "modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "/tmp/openser_fifo")".
> Why do I get the error message if that is the same in the examples?
> Second, "modparam("seas", "listen_sockets", "192.168.2.100:5080");" has
> parse error. I can't see why the IP is correct and if I change it to
> localhost/127.0.0.1 I get the same error. What can be the problem in this
> line? Everywere I checked it is just the same.
> Third, when trying to run WeSIP with WeSIP/bin/startup.sh I get the
> following Java exceptions:
> [..]

Hi Shine,

you probably followed an outdated example. Some time ago the FIFO interface
was changed, the correct way of configuring this now is, as you already
figured out by yourself, the 'mi_fifo' way.

In regards to your second error:
modparam("seas", "listen_sockets", "192.168.2.100:5080");

The last ';' char is wrong here, it should work just fine without. I can not
comment to the java execption, perhaps someone with more experience with this
module could shed some light on this issues.

Cheers,

Henning